Friday, August 15, 2014

I wish U heaven

The first two I took the day after valentines day of my boyfriend and they are some of my very favorite photos i've ever taken. I took them with my olympus XA2 and either soaked them in water for hours or boiled them in water for a couple minutes, i dont remember. All the rest but the last are fairly recent taken with my canonet 28. And the last was taken with my olympus stylus epic (which i just found another in perfect condition for 99 cents at a thrift store!!) and were double exposed with some fucked up film i took with a cheap action sampler knock off years ago. 

I am really weird about taking pictures too seriously. I would never consider myself a photographer. I just like taking pictures and I like fucking around and experimenting it's the most fun thing to me. But lately i feel like i kind of want to take it a little serious because i have pride in what my pictures look like. I think they look cool and mean something to me and i like to push myself into trying new things. Yes, because it's fun but it's also this whole thing that i feel i need to create something that represents how i see things and how i feel. So even though i will always be on the low brow, lo-fi, just fucking around, non serious spectrum of "photography" it is still an art to me as much it embarrasses me and i think once i accept that it will only allow me to put myself more into my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment