Wednesday, May 2, 2012

smitten




Angel Talk


Don't try for Me Argentine






 Buenos Aries



Last Life in the Universe dvd shots


Picnic 


Smitten as ever with the magical cinematography of Christopher Doyle. His gritty explosions of color and light and stylish sleek is what attracted me to Wong Kar Wai films and now I'm really hankering for one of his art books. I better save up because they run for a quite a bit when you're unemployed, being out of print and imports and all. But the pages look so silly and fun and I want to read the commentary and facts about my favorite movies, so it'd be worth it.

 It's really unfortunate how so many good things are lost beyond those "imported" boundaries though. Like some movies I would never be able to own like Shiki-Jitsu or Made in Hong Kong. And speaking of imported boundaries and good cinematography I finally watched Picnic by Shunji Iwai! This movie I have literally been trying to watch for about a year and it was sooo past my expectations. It was flawless and kind of creepy but Chara was absolutely golden with her constant under her breath lulling. And the short time span worked for it so much, I feel like some movies spend too much time trying to tie up loose ends when they should have just ended during the final blow on a high (**semi spoiler alert**).

1 comment: