Friday, May 18, 2012

BLU


akris s/s 2012

yohji yamamoto

I have been obsessed with this light blue color lately. It reminds me of a faded vhs case from this tiny video rental store that my family used to go to. It was back when vhs was still the main form of media and all I remember is that it's sign was black and white and it was a very basic shape of a head with the name of the place in the middle. The building is still there and so is the sign but I guess it's a hair salon now. But I love this color especially paired with translucents and other faded pieces. It also kind of reminds me of some 80's new wave posh furniture used in like a boat house or something. Very lucid and tranquil but pop like Madonna's ray of light album. 

1 comment: