Thursday, April 26, 2012

lonely gray day



So for a while now I've been really into the musical stylings of Sir Vincent Gallo. It's a shame there isn't more songs of his on youtube such as "and a colored sky colored gray" and "I wrote this song for the girl paris hilton", because I think most of his music is pretty obscure. I looked up how much it would be to buy his albums and they can get pretty expensive, especially recording of music for film, so I'm thinking it's a limited press kind of thing. But his music is so beautiful! It's so thick and slow and emotional. It really is just him noodling away on one or two instruments but its simplicity works so well with how vintage and sundried the tunes are especially with his hushed voice singing of loneliness and gray days (seems to be his two biggest inspirations). It kind of reminds me of the album Omar Rodriguez-Lopez did with John Frusciante but like if you took one song and chopped a minute from the middle and played it slow-mo. It's the perfect kind of music for when it's real early morning and you haven't slept and the sun is starting to come up or when you come home late all loaded and you listen to it quietly and you don't have to pay that much attention to it because it's just tame and calm but brooding and beautiful. 

also kickin' that daisy age shit with gold medallion and debut-era Bjork inspired eyebrow dots

i really like debut era Bjork, her little accessories and hair styles are so perfect for this urban exotic thing i'm into and i just got vessel on vhs recently and I love how lo-fi everything was back then before she was a classic

No comments:

Post a Comment