I feel like film has been letting me down a lot lately. I have come to accept usually every other roll of film i get back is usually not so great while the other time it's amazing. Lately i've gotten about one good roll out of 5 horrible and almost unusable rolls. I bought a 12 dollar roll of cinestill film very excited about new discovery of lowlight photography and loaded into my xa 2 ready to own the night and i ended up dropping camera and it breaking. So i went on ebay bought new one for around 30 bucks and loaded the film back get in and took some empty shots hoping for little to no multiple exposures. I got my film back and only about 12 pictures worked and only 2 of them were any good. Turns out my xa 2 shutter isn't opening and im sure to fix it would cost ten times more than the camera.
I'm not losing complete hope yet. I just bought an lc-a and i have one more roll of cinestill that i could really go ham on knowing how the film works assuming my new camera will work. And i just bought a ton of expired slide 35mm and 120mm film even though i don't have a medium format camera. I just can;t wait until winter is over so I can shoot more outside.


No comments:
Post a Comment